- In May-June 2014, we prepared an initiative entitled 'Slovenia Needs a New Vision for the Development of the Economy and Society'. The initiative was approved by Executive Council (EC) on May 27th, 2014 and submitted to the SVRK (Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy) in June 2014.
Based on the decision of the EC of IAS on 2.9.2014, the initiative was presented at the Conference IAS 'Innovation system in Slovenia, Ljubljana, 20.1.2015 in the paper entitled 'IAS positions and initiative for the model of smart specialisation and selection of problem domains and priority (niche) project/product fields'. A shorter version the paper is included in this document...
- In January-March 2015, the minister of SVRK engaged consulting cooperation of SAZU (Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts) and IAS members on the question of S3. A joint commission was formed by SAZU, the carrier of the task, in which four members of the IAS participated. The IAS members formulated coordinated views on several questions put forward by SVRK for discussion in the commission; in particular, the comprehensive view on topics raised was formulated by the IAS members in written form, which was endorsed by the Executive Council on February 3rd, 2015 and submitted by the IAS members, to the consulting commission and the SVRK. The view contributed substantially to the final formulation of the Slovenian RIS3.
- An abridged version of this document is presented.
- Members of the IAS who participated in a joint commission:
1. Dr. Zoran Marinšek
2. Mag. Danijel Zupančič
3. Prof. dr. Stane Pejovnik
4. Dr. Karin Stana Kleinschek