The Academy is an independent institution, the object of which is to act on the basis of expert technical knowledge to promote technological and scientific research and ensure the application of research results to further the creation of value and welfare in Danish society.
Committees / Main working groups
The Academy Council
- Scientific group on Technological Management and Organisation
- Scientific group on Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences and Geosciences
- Scientific group on Construction and Production
- Scientific group on Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Information Technology
The ATV Think Tank
ATV|Helios - The ATV Committee on Education, Research and Innovation.
Organisation of the ATV’s Technology Day / Euro-CASE’s Annual Meeting 2016 here in Copenhagen. The three main events which ATV has held in 2016 with international speakers and with international perspectives are:
The Torkil Holm Symposium 2016 – Visions in Chemistry. 360 participants and speakers enjoyed two days of presentations and discussions on cutting edge research and future chemical applications
- Stronger Science Communication in the Media. 120 participants and speakers discussed how to communicate science and research in a modern and stronger way in the present-day media
- EU’s Personal Data Protective Directive. More than 100 participants and speakers debated the consequences of EU’s new Directive giving specific suggestions to companies, authorities and others on how to comply with the Directive in the best way possible